PAVE AmeriCorps is looking for Members for the 2022-2023 school year.
Positions available at Eldon South Elementary (K-2), Eldon Upper Elementary (3-5), Eldon Middle School (6-8), and Eldon High School (9-12) in Mathematics, English Language Arts, Science, and Social Studies classes.
Our Academic Coaches are placed in Eldon’s Kindergarten through twelfth grade classrooms to provide individualized interventions to at-risk students via one-on-one, small group, and whole classroom settings. We work diligently to recruit a staff from diverse backgrounds, lived experiences, and levels of education to increase our opportunity to provide every student with the “just right” person to reach them where they are and empower them to succeed personally and academically. We craft schedules that allow members to connect with students over shared skills and interests. These connections and the consistent individualized support members provide optimize student trust and vulnerability with the members in turn optimizing their opportunity to build their reading and math proficiency.
- Living Allowance of $1,375 per month
- Education Award of $6,495 after successful completion of term (Members 55+ can transfer the award to an eligible child or grandchild)
- Loan Forbearance for qualified, federal student loans in good standing
- Interest repayment for loans in forbearance through AmeriCorps
- Health Care Coverage
- Child Care Benefit (if eligible)
All Members receive comprehensive training. Other training opportunities and service projects are available throughout the year to help Members function effectively as a team, connect to the community, and develop both personal and professional skills.
- At least 18 years of age; no upper age limit
- High school diploma or GED; some college coursework is preferred
- Successfully pass Fingerprint Background Check
Applicants must be able to provide a full-time, one year commitment.
Visit our Applying to Serve website at