Become a PAVE AmeriCorps Academic Coach!
Teach what you love, share what you know, and open eyes, minds, and hearts as an AmeriCorps Academic Coach! Be a positive adult role model, develop relationships, and form meaningful connections with students while helping them with reading, English, math, social studies, or science. Utilize different teaching strategies to reach struggling students and help them develop the skills and enthusiasm to be a lifelong learner. Some of our Coaches will also support wellness activities designed to get kids active and moving.
Positions are available in Kindergarten through twelfth grade, and at the alternative high school.
- Living Allowance of approximately $1,000 per month
- Education Award of $5,815 after successful completion of term
- Loan Forbearance for qualified, federal student loans in good standing
- Interest repayment for loans in forbearance through AmeriCorps
- Health Care Coverage
- Child Care Benefit (if eligible)
- All Members receive comprehensive training. Other training opportunities and service projects are available throughout the year to help Members function effectively as a team, connect to the community, and develop both personal and professional skills.
- At least 18 years of age; no upper age limit.
- High school diploma or GED; some college coursework is preferred.
- Successfully pass Fingerprint Background Check (provided at program expense).
- Applicants must be able to provide a full-time, one year commitment.
How to Apply:
Apply online at https://my.americorps.gov
If you have not applied to AmeriCorps before, first create a profile and then an application. Search for available listing and apply to “PAVE AmeriCorps Academic Coach” listing.
For comprehensive instructions on the application process, visit http://paveamericorps.weebly.com/recruitment.html .
Call the PAVE AmeriCorps office at 573-392-8060 X1542 if you have questions.