Applications can be found through our website. All applications can be turned into the Guidance Office unless stated otherwise.
See Terri Benjamin for more information or if you have any questions. It is important to check daily for new scholarships as they come in.
If dates are from last year it means the scholarship has not updated yet for this year. Check often for updates!!
PLEASE SEE SCHOLARSHIP LINKS TO SEE ADDITIONAL SCHOLARSHIPS AVAILABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Student must have a 3.0 GPA or better
- Participate in at least one of the 27 MSHSAA eligible school sponsored sports
- Graduating with the class of 2020
- Be a leader and role model for underclassmen
October 25, 2019 – Horatio Alger Association Scholarship Apply online to www.horatioalger.org for more information.
October 31, 2019 (must be submitted by 5pm) – Coca-Cola Scholars Foundation
- Must be graduating senior 2020
- U.S. Citizen
- Planning to pursue a degree at a post-secondary institution
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
Go to www.coca-colascholarsfoundation.org/applicants to apply
October 31, 2019 – VFW Voice of Democracy
- Any student 9-12
- Competes at local level, then winners move on to higher levels
All entries must be sent to the local VFW Post to be eligible.
November 5, 2019: ELK’S NATIONAL FOUNDATION – 2020 MOST VALUABLE STUDENT SCHOLARSHIP – Deadline is November 5 , 2019
- Visit the following link to apply. Click on the 2020 MVS application link. Enter your email address to register.
- Application will be judged on Scholarship, Leadership and Financial Need
- You must print off you application and give a copy to Terri Benjamin in the Guidance Office to be included in the local scholarship. The online is only for the National level.
November 15, 2019 – The Hagan Scholarship – go ONLINE to www.hsfmo.org and download application to apply.
Opens September 1, 2019
November 15, 2019-??- National FFA Scholarship
Select the following link to apply. National FFA Scholarship
December 1, 2019 – MSBA Future Builders Scholarship – Applicants are judged on the basis of academic performance, extracurricular activities. Start at local level and more to statewide award. Click the following link to access the application. Dates will be different that application states due to School Board having to select one student to move on to the next level.
December 1, 2019 – Mizzou Alumni Scholarship: Applications can be completed ONLINE atwww.mizzou.com/scholarship – Deadline for submission is December 1, 2019
December 15, 2019 – AXA Achievement Scholarship
Applicants to the AXA Achievement Scholarship in association with U S News & World Report must:
- Be United States citizens or legal residents living or claiming residency in one of the 50 United States, District of Columbia or Puerto Rico
- Be current high school seniors who plan to enroll full-time in an accredited two-year or four-year college or university in the United States for the entire 2020-2021 academic year.
- Demonstrate ambition and self-drive as evidenced by outstanding achievement in school, community or work-related activities
- Special consideration will be given to achievements that empower society to mitigate risk through education and/or action in areas such as financial, environmental, health and/or emergency-preparedness
- Visit us.axa.com/axa-foundation to apply
MSSDARS Scholarships – January 1, 2020
Click the following link for a list of scholarships available.
JOHN F. KENNEDY Profiles in Courage Essay Contest: – Deadline is January 18, 2019.
- This scholarships award is open to high-school students nine through twelve.
- All students must register online at www.jfklibrary.org – lst place winnter receives a $5,000 cash award and $5,000 to grow in a John Hancock 528 College Savings Plan, Second place winner reeives $1,000 and there will be five finalists $500.
January 4, 2019 – 2018 GE-Reagan Foundation Scholarship Program
Open to all high school seniors who embody the characteristics of President Ronald Reagan at school, in the community, in the workplace, and at home. Recipients receive $10,000 renewable scholarship – up to $40,000 per student. Visitwww.reaganfoundation.org/scholarships to apply.
January 11, 2019 – Vantage Credit Union-Quest for Education Scholarship:
Go to the following link to see if you qualify: Vantage Credit Union-Quest for Education
January 31, 2019 – Dr. Darrell “Jack” Holley/MUSIC Scholarship:
*** The scholarship link will show a due date of February 22nd. Applications must first be submitted to the guidance office in order to be presented to the School Board for selection prior to the February 22nd deadline. Only 1 application will move to the next level.
- All applications must be typed, no handwritten applications will be considered.
- Must include a copy of your official high school transcript including your ACT or SAT scores.
- Must include a letter of recommendation from a district administrator, counselor or teacher. (submit only one)
- Recipients will be posted on the MUSIC website (http://www.musicprogram.org).
Click the following link for an application, submit applications to the Guidance Office
January 31, 2019 – Ed Stegner natural Resource Scholarship
Ed Stegner Natural Resource Scholarships were established to provide major financial aid to encourage and assist students in five areas of natural resource management: fisheries, forestry, wildlife, parks and recreation and soil and water conservation. Visithttp://www.moswcs.org/scholarship/ to apply.
January 31, 2019 – Delta Kappa Gamma, Tau Chapter, Virginia Housman Memorial Recruitment Grant:
Open to any senior female with an education major or related field. Must exhibit financial need. Applicant must show academic ability/involvement. Application can be found at the following link.
February 1, 2019 – MO State Fair Foundation Youth in Agriculture Scholarship:
Individuals must have participated in the Missouri State Fair as a youth exhibitor in the FFA or 4-H divisions. Must be a high school senior at time the application is submitted and be an active member. Must enroll in an accredited college or university in the state of Missouri. Youth members who have sold livestock in any past Sale of Champions at the MO State Fair are not eligible for this scholarship. Click on the following link to access the application. http://www.mostatefair.com/missouri-state-fair-foundation-youth-in-agriculture-scholarship-applications-now-available
February 1, 2019 – James L and Nellie M. Westlake Scholarship Program
Scholarship awards will cover the cost of tuition, plus approximately $2000 additional to cover the cost of fees, books, and supplies. See the following link for eligibility and application:
February 6, 2019- National FFA Scholarship
Select the following link to apply. National FFA Scholarship
February 8, 2019 – Hy-Vee Foundation Scholarship –
- Applicant must be a high school senior working for Hy-Vee or subsidiary who began employment on or before September 15, 2017 or a high school senior son and/or daughter of a full-, regular-, or part-time Hy-Vee or subsidiary employee who has a minimum of six months employment as of September 15, 2017, AND
- Applicant must be enrolling in college for the first time.
To view application go to http://hy-vee.com/company/scholarships
February 13-15, 2019 – MO Corn Growers Scholarship
Please see the following link for guidelines and application. Deadline to be postmarked no later than February 15, 2018. If you want the Guidance Office to mail them, please have them turned in no later than February 13, 2018.
February 15, 2019 – See Project 21 for deadline for newspaper submission. (See March 1, 2019 for Project 21 link)
February 15, 2019 – National Society Daughters of the American Revolution:
Multiple scholarships are available, click the following link for details.
February 28, 2019 -Central MO Master Gardener Scholarships
- HS Senior studying Horticulture, Agriculture, Conservation or Forestry
- GPA of 3.0 or Higher
Click the link below for a downloaded application.
March 1, 2019 – The American Legion Eagle Scout of the Year –
- Nominee must be a registered, active member of a Boy Scout Troop, Varsity Scout Team, or Venturing Crew chartered to an American Legion post.
- Received the Eagle Scout Award, be an active member of his religious institution and received the appropriate Boy Scout religious emblem.
- Have demonstrated practical citizenship in church, school, scouting, and community.
March 1, 2019 – MSTA Central Region Teachers Association Scholarship:
Candidates must present evidence of good character, good scholarship, and aptitude for college.
- Must be enrolled as a full time student at a Missouri college or university in preparation for the teaching profession.
Click the following link for downloadable application:
See Terri Benjamin for application process!!!
March 1, 2019 – MOACAC – Braxton Rethwisch Scholarship:
The Missouri Association for College Admission Counseling (MOACAC) is pleased to offer the Braxton Rethwisch scholarship to high school seniors who exhibit a commitment to learning and have demonstrated leadership skills and community service involvement.
Open to current High School Seniors who have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or greater
Applicants must be a Missouri resident
Applicants must enroll as a full-time student at a MOACAC member postsecondary institution. Click here for list of member institutions
If selected recipient does not enroll in a MOACAC postsecondary member institution, the scholarship will be revoked and awarded to another applicant.
Should you have any questions, please contact MOACACinclusion@gmail.com
To access the application please click on the following link;
March 1, 2019 – MISSOURI HEAD START / EARLY HEAD START 2018-19 AWARDS & SCHOLARSHIPS
Attached is a scholarship opportunity for high school seniors who attended Head Start. This is a scholarship that will be awarded by the Missouri Head Start Association (MHSA) and separate from the scholarship offered by Missouri Ozarks Community Action (MOCA) Head Start.
To access the application, please click on the following link;
March 1, 2019 – Eldon CTA Scholarship:
Eldon CTA Scholarship is a one time award given by the Eldon CTA organization. The CTA Scholarship Committee will make the selection. Applications can be found by clicking the following link for a downloadable application.
March 1, 2019 – Farm Credit System Scholarship:
Open to Missouri high school seniors whose parents or grandparents are customers of FCS Financial. Applicants will be judged on leadership roles, work experience, community involvement, knowledge of agriculture and finance. You must meet the following qualifications:
- Child or grandchild of an FCS Financial member
- GPA of 2.5 or higher
- ACT of 26 or rank in the top 20% of their senior class
- (you must meet only 1 of the 3 criteria)
visit the FCS website for more information.
March 1, 2019 – Project 21 Scholarship:
All Missouri high school seniors are eligible, click the link below to download the rules and application.
March 1, 2019 – State Fair Community College:
If you have been accepted at State Fair Community College you are eligible to file out the general application to be eligible for their scholarships they offer, which are numerous. Click the following link for access to the site.
March 6, 2019 – O.G. James Scholarship: (NOT AVAILABLE THE 2018-19 TERM)
- Must be a 2017 Senior
- Demonstrate scholastic ability, submit transcript
- Demonstrate financial need; submit FAFSA-EFC
- Active involvement in school and civic activities
- Letter of recommendation addressing your potential for completion of college
- Renewal: up to three additional years, if maintain a 3.0 GPA and full-time enrollment; if renewal is granted, no new scholarship will be awarded
Click the following link for a downloadable application;
March 8, 2019 – MO Bankers Association Scholarship;
Click the following link for MBA applications and qualifications.
March 9, 2019- MO Women’s Golf Association Scholarship
To apply go to mogolf.org
March 13, 2019 – Lisa Pope Memorial Nursing Scholarship
Open to an senior that is pursuing a degree in nursing. Click the following link for a downloadable application. Please turn in applications to the Guidance Office by the end of the school day on March 13, 2019.
March 13, 2018 – MFA Foundation Scholarship: (MFA IS NOT OFFERING A SCHOLARSHIP FOR 2019 TO ELDON HIGH SCHOOL)
Open to any senior that is interested in furthering his/her education by engaging in studies relating to agriculture or other fields of study that benefit rural life.
Click the following to download a copy of the application.
March 15, 2019 – Eldon Chapter National Society Daughters of the American Revolution Scholarship:
Open to all seniors that will be attending an accredited college or university in Missouri. Student must be a citizen of the United States and a resident of the State of Missouri. To obtain an application click the following link.
March 15, 2019 – Claxton Memorial Scholarship:
Open to any student that has participated in football or golf. Click the following link to download an application. Turn into the Guidance Office when complete.
March 19, 2019 – Theresa Harriett (TH) Carr Schick Scholarship:
- Graduate from Eldon High School current year
- Must be involved in vocal music or band
- Must plan to attend a four year college
- Preference will go towards Music or Education majors, but open to all
Applications can be obtained by clicking the following links to obtain guidelines and application.
March 19, 2019 – Van Landuyt – Weil Scholarship:
To financially support graduating seniors of Eldon R-1 High School, Eldon, MO. Established in honor of the parents and family of Kent & Alice Van Landuyt.
- Member of graduating class of 2019
- Must attend an accredited university, college, community college or trade school
- Grade point average of 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 grade point scale
- The recipient must be able to fully utilize the scholarship for tuition, fees and/or books; scholarship must not reduce the award amount of any other scholarship the recipient receives
- If the scholarship is not used, the funds must be returned to said fund
Please click the following link for a downloadable application:
March 19, 2019– Lake Ozark Rotary Club Scholarship:
Open to any senior. Download the following application and return to the Guidance Office.
March 22, 2019 – MO Credit Union Scholarships: Pauline “Pat” Miles, Alan T. Busby, Anthony W. Lampe, and Harold “Hal” G. Virgen :
Applicant selection will be based on:
- Financial need.
- Scholastic achievement.
- Extracurricular activities.
- Parent or student must be Credit Union members
Applicant must print and complete MCU’s online application at
March 22, 2019 – Eldon FFA Alumni Leadership Scholarship:
- Must be a high school senior
- Must be a current FFA member
- Must not be majoring in Agriculture
- Must be going to a 4 year college/university
- Must attach an official transcript
- Must include an essay that states in 300 words or less, how FFA has impacted your life and career goals
Click the following link for a downloadable application
March 22, 2019 – Eldon Lions Club Scholarship:
- Must be a Eldon High School graduating senior
- Must have a cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher
- Must demonstrate involvement in the community service through a detailed account of their community service activities in an Essay (400-500 words) addressing the importance of community service
- Provide three letters of recommendation
- Attach a resume
Click the following link for a downloadable application;
March 22, 2019 – Community Foundation of the Ozarks:
The Community Foundation of the Ozarks (CFO) is proud to administer some 349 scholarships as a service to the greater community. Most of the scholarship grant awards are for graduating high school seniors; however a growing number are available to students currently enrolled in college/university. Eligibility is most often determined by residency in a particular city. Below you will find a link for CFO scholarships, search by city for Eldon, MO. Click each link to find out specific details for each scholarship. Applications are to be turned into the guidance office.
Visit the Community Foundation Website and download an application or click the following links for an application
March 22, 2019 – Donald & Phoebe Williams Nursing Scholarship:
Eligibility: Students who are seniors at Eldon High School and who will graduate in the spring of 2018.
- Pursue a RN degree
- Have at least a 3.5 GPA
- Demonstrate need according to the FAFSA Expected Family Contribution Confirmation (EFC)
- Demonstrate leadership skills
- Participate in community service activities
- Write an essay on, “Why I Chose Nursing as a Profession.”
Click the following link to download an application. Turn in application to the Guidance Office by March 22, 2019. Late entries will not be accepted.
March 22, 2019 – Ryan Fountain Memorial/Eldon FFA Alumni Scholarship:
Eligibility: to be eligible for this scholarship a student must:
- Be a high school senior and currently enrolled in an agriculture education class.
- Be an active member.
- Must have been enrolled in the Eldon Agriculture Program for at least 2 years.
- Must be majoring in agriculture at a 2 or 4 year college or university.
- Must submit a resume.
- Must attach your recent State FFA Degree application to this scholarship application.
- Must Include Essay that states “In 250 words or less (one page) describe the most important thing you have learned from FFA and how you will apply that to your future.”
- Applications may be subject to an interview.
Click the following link for an application:
- Must be a High School Senior who will be attending an Accredited College, University or Vo-Tech School
- Must show financial need
- Must submit application with a letter of recommendation from a school Superintendent, Principle, or Counselor
- Must submit a letter of recommendation from a personal reference (Minister, friend, employer, etc.)
- Must submit a copy of current High School Transcript
- If accepted to College, University or Tech School, must submit a copy of letter of acceptance
Application must be returned to Rocky Mount Lions Club NO LATER THAN March 25, 2019. Please turn in a copy to the Guidance Office,
Click to access application
Open for all seniors. Click the following link for information and a copy of the application or pick one up at the Guidance Office.
- Applicant must be planning to enroll in an accredited four-year college or university, a technical school, or junior college for the fall term of the current year. Applicants are limited to those who plan to study horticulture, plant science, conservation, or forestry.
- Applicants must attend Eldon High School and have taken some classes from the Agriculture program.
- Applicants should have at least a grade point average of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
- Each scholarship must be used within nine months after receiving the award.
- Selection of the recipient will be by the Eldon Garden Club Scholarship committee. Selection will be based on achievement and career goals.
Click the following link for a downloadable application.
March 29, 2019 – Infuze Credit Union:
Open to eligible high school seniors who plan to continue their education at a university, college or technical school. You must be an Infuze Credit Union inMotion Club member to be eligible. Click the following link for a downloadable application.
March 31, 2019 – Septagon Scholarship:
Click the following links for guidelines and application
March 31, 2019- Mid-Missouri Chapter Association of Government Accountants:
Click the following link for access to multiple scholarship opportunities.
March 31, 2019 – Olean Community Scholarship:
Click the following link to obtain the criteria for the Olean Community Scholarship
Click the following link to obtain an application:
April 1, 2018 – High Point Community Renewal Association “Lucy Papen Memorial Scholarship”: If you want the Guidance Office to mail your application, please turn it into the Guidance Office by March 28, 2018 (before spring break)
- Open to any graduate of High Point Elementary School that attended for a minimum of four years
- Must have a 3.0 or higher GPA
- Must be enrolled as a full time student in an accredited college or university
Click the following link for an application.
April 1, 2018 – Merrell University – Cosmetology or Esthetics Scholarships
Enroll before November 1, 2018 and be one of the outstanding students to receive a $1000.00 scholarship towards tuition to Merrell University. You can go to Merrell University website for more information or to fill out your application online. Or click the link below for a downloadable copy.
April 2, 2019 – Three Rivers Electric – Gilbert G. Hilkemeyer Scholarship:
- Student must be a high school senior.
- Parent or legal guardian must be a Three Rivers Electric Cooperative member.
- Selection is based on interview, GPA, ACT scores, church and community activities, and letters of recommendation.
Visit the following link for a downloadable application: The deadline is set a few days earlier to allow for mailing time.
April 4, 2019 – NHS Blood Drive Scholarship:
Open to any senior. Application can be downloaded at the following link.
April 4, 2019 – National Honor Society
Open to all senior NHS members that are in good standing. Application can be downloaded at the following link.
April 5, 2019 – Community and School Coaching Scholarship:
- Must be a 2019 graduate
- Applicant must be planning to enroll in an accredited four year college or university, a technical school, or junior college for the fall term of the current year.
- Applicant must have the intention of coaching during their career.
Click the following link for a downloadable application or stop by the Guidance Office and pick up a copy.
April 5, 2019 – MO Ozarks Community Action Scholarship –
- Must be a 2019 Senior
- Must have attended Head Start
Click the following link for an application;
April 10, 2019 – Miller County Farm Bureau:
- A resident of Miller County
- Ag background (live on a farm or involved in 4-H or FFA)
- Will attend a college or technical school
- Ag major preferred (other areas of study will be considered)
- Parents are Farm Bureau members or are willing to join Farm Bureau
Deadline is April 15, 2019 to receive scholarship. I have ended it 5 days early to allow for mailing. Click the following link to download an application.
April 12 2019 – River Region Credit Union:
Applicant or Parent must be an active member of the credit union to apply. Click the following link to download an application.
April 15, 2019 – Lake Ozark Daybreak Rotary Club Scholarship
April 15, 2019 – Citizens Bank/Donn R. Harrison Scholarships:
Applicant must demonstrate a willingness to work to help himself/herself financially, has he/she worked to contribute to his/her education?
Criteria for Selection of Winners:
- Must show financial need.
- Must rank in upper one third (1/3) of class.
- Academic scholarship.
- Potential for completion of studies.
- Student should have applied and been accepted to an accredited college or university.
- Scholarship money will be paid directly to recipients’ school by semester.
- One alternate will be selected.
Applications can be found by clicking the following link:
April 16, 2019 – Nicole Finnegan Memorial Scholarship:
- Open to 2019 graduating senior.
- Must demonstrate financial need.
- Must be attending an accredited university or college and majoring in a fine art.
- GPA 2.500 or higher.
- If scholarship is not used, funds must be returned to the Nicole Finnegan Memorial Scholarship fund.
You can click the following link to download an application.
April 17, 2019 – Hamels Foundation Scholarships
This Scholarship is for any Eldon High School graduating senior with a desire to continue their education. Winners will be determined by the Hamels Foundation. Applications must be turned in by April 17th to the Guidance Office. The Hamels Foundation is a non-profit organization founded by ’08 World Series MVP Pitcher for the Philadelphia Phillies, Cole Hamels and his wife Heidi (Strobel) Hamels. The Hamels Foundation believes education is the answer to poverty. Applications can be obtained by clicking the following links. Please print the application and cover page after typing your responses.
April 20, 2019 – “The American Legion Scholarships”
- Students must be a resident of Missouri, under the age of 21, unmarried and a descendant of a veteran with at least ninety days active service in any form of military branch who received an Honorable Discharge for such service.
- A photocopy of the veteran’s DD214, discharge or separation notice must accompany the scholarship application.
- Additional requirements for each scholarship are on the reverse side of the application.
- Applications for all scholarships listed can be found at the following website.
April 22, 2019 – Lake Regional Hospital Healthcare Scholarship:
Open to any senior that will be going into the healthcare field. Click the following link for a downloadable application.
Lake Regional Hospital Application
April 25, 2019 – Quaker Window Scholarship:
Open to any 2019 graduate with a preferred major of Engineering or maybe even pursuit of Technical degree in Drafting, Manufacturing or Maintenance. Click the following link for a downloadable application.
April 26, 2019 – Eldon Friends of Music:
Student must have participated in the Eldon High School music program. Selection is based on point system of accumulated number of points over four years of participation. Student must be planning to major in music at an accredited college in one of the following areas, Education, Performance, Business or Therapy. The scholarship is $400.00 for on year, payable to the college by semester, student should have a 3.0 overall GPA. This scholarship is non-renewable. Click the following link to download the application.
April 27, 2018 – Gary Marriott Scholarship: (NOT AVAILABLE FOR THE 2018-19 YEAR)
Open to all 2018 Eldon High School Seniors. Applications can be downloaded by clicking the following link or stop by the Guidance Office and pick up a copy.
- Potential for completion of studies
- Student should have applied and been accepted to an accredited college or university
- Scholarship money will be paid directly to recipients’ school
June 1, 2018 – Lake Bloomers Garden Club Scholarship:
Open to Camden, Miller or Morgan County high school graduating seniors or former graduates currently attending college. Must be enrolled or enrolling in an undergraduate program for the upcoming semester. Must be enrolling in certain fields of education (it is listed on the application). Click the following to download the application.
June 1, 2019 – Stephen and Helen Drysdale Memorial Scholarship:
The criteria and application are available in the guidance office or you may click the following for a downloadable application.
June 1, 2019 – Michal Flottman Scholarship Fund:
The criteria and application are available in the guidance office or you may click the following link for a downloadable application.
July 20, 2019 – Leaders of Tomorrow Scholarship Program/Alpha Gamma Sigma
Click on the following link for details and application.